Do you love cheesecake but not the dairy, sugar, and additives that can be found in most conventional cheesecakes?
Then this recipe is for you, unless you are allergic to nuts!
This recipe is a slightly adapted version from Rens Kroes her book "Power Food". All credits go to her for inventing such a delicious and healthier alternative for this yum treat!
Once you try this vegan cheesecake, chances are that you will never want the original recipe again! It is THAT good! ;-)
This vegan cheesecake has more benefits than just its delicious taste:
- It is made of real whole foods, which contain healthy fats and makes us feel satiated. You will notice that you will not be able to eat too much in 1 go!
- There are no hidden nasties such as chemical additives or other engineered ingredients, which affect our hormones.
- If you love cheesecake, this vegan cheesecake enables you to keep enjoying it but just a healthier version of it, so you do not have to scrap it from your diet. :-)
What you need:
- 600G unsalted cashew nuts
- 300G unsalted almonds
- 200G pitted dates
- 100G organic virgin coconut oil
- 160ML lime & lemon juice (approx. 2 limes + 1 lemon)
- 20ML rice syrup
- 125ML water
- Cake tin (24 cm / 9 inch)
- Bowl to soak the cashew nuts in
Here is how you make it:
1) Soak the cashew nuts in water
2) Base: mix the almonds with dates (until smooth) in a high power blender, then put the base in the cake tin until it is evenly spread.
3) Filling: put the soaked cashew nuts in the blender, together with the coconut oil, lime/lemon juice, rice syrup, water until smooth. The consistency should be firm both smooth. Add mix on top of the base in the cake tin and spread evenly.
4) Optional: add a topping, such as natural organic sugar-free strawberry marmalade.
5) Leave the cheesecake in the fridge to get firm at least 1 night. We find that it tastes the best after 2-3 days! Optional: add fresh fruit when serving.
Enjoy, en guete, bon appetit, eet smakelijk, buon appetito!
When you try out this recipe, please let us know how it went and tag @Puricious_ to see the result! We would love to see your creation!